SELinux survey (was RE: Stupid F7 boot loop)

Adam Deacon adam at deaconsworld.org.uk
Wed Aug 29 16:22:03 UTC 2007

Andrew Kelly wrote:
> Forgive the invitation to discussion, but....
>
> I personally have immediately disabled SELinux on any and every box I've
> ever installed for myself, and grind my teeth any time I even see the
> word.
>
> Would any of you out there care to share with me any of your personal
> experiences with SELinux being useful to you (in any way whatsoever), on
> a single-user workstation?
>
> I'm quite willing to admit my ig'nerz on the subject and am open to
> being taught why the functionality is a Good Thing (tm).
>
> Andy

I'm slightly ashamed to say, I disable it most of the time too. I've
spent many good hours troubleshooting bizarre problems only to find out
it's SELinux and I've missed the log entry. I think the main problem is
that I don't understand it properly and it's far too quick and easy to
disable :-)

Adam