Compiling kernel

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 12:28:19 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I have a problem when I try to compile the latest kernel for my FC6. I
downloaded kernel-2.6.22.14-72.fc6.src.rpm.
I'm following the instructions in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/CustomKernel?highlight=%28kernel%29
as I did successfully before.

However, now, when I reach point 6 under "Configuring kernel options"
I see, there are not config-<arch> files anymore (as there were with
the kernel-2.6.22.9-61) but only these two files:

config-rhel-generic      config-rhel-x86-generic

What are these two RH Enterprise files for?

Why this changed?
Can any of you give me some ideas on how to compile the kernel in the
"Fedora way"?

Thanks in advance... and Merry Christmas!