[Fwd: Re: Disk space for FC6]

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 1 13:21:01 UTC 2007

On Monday 01 January 2007 13:09, edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:

> >>Sorry, what useful for root partition ?
> >
> >Edward, mine is a very average install - nowhere near everything.  'df -h'
> >shows
> >Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
> >/dev/hdb1              12G  4.7G  6.7G  42% /
> >
> >I think you are going to need more space than you originally thought if
> > you want such a lot installed.
> >
> >Anne
>
> All of the packages around 4.xGB size ?

Yes, at this moment, but that doesn't show any indication of /temp usage,
which can be quite high from time to time.

> BTW, how about of your swap partition ?

1GB.  I had only 512MB on FC4 and it never caused me any problems.  It was
rarely used.

> What Internet Service are you using ?

Not sure what you are asking there, Edward.  No Internet service that accounts
for anything significant.  Apart from samba I don't run any servers.  My
biggest space-requirement is when I'm video-processing, so I have special
partitions and a huge /home to allow for that.

Anne