opteron series 100 (160,170 and 180) on fedora x86_64

Xiyan Lon xiyanlon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 21:45:33 UTC 2007

I am planning to build new machine for my self (only for desktop or
workstation).
In my previuos machine I have PC3200/DDR400 non-ECC 2GB of RAM and
nvidia 6600gt
Because I have DDR400, I want to buy motherboard which support this RAM.
Actually I want to buy Athlon X2 3800 socket 939 but I did not find in
the market (only AM2 in the market).
After searching, I found opteron series 100 (160,170 and 180) and I
think this processor support amd64 and have dual-core. With this new
machine I want to install fc6 x86_64.
My question: Are there any experience with this processor (opteron
series 100) for using on desktop machine?

XL