Beryl options and nvidia

Gérard Milmeister gemi at bluewin.ch
Fri Jan 5 22:17:54 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 14:07 -0800, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 1/5/07, alan <alan at clueserver.org> wrote:
> > On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> >
> > > I have beryl running with nvidia prop. drivers with the following
> > > beryl --use-cow --force-aiglx --skip-gl-yield
> > > There are now problems with black windows etc... that may appear with
> > > other options. The X server is running with increased priority (set by
> > > using schedtool), so there responsiveness is good running tvtime
> > > smoothly even under system load.
> >
> > How much video memory do you have?  Sounds like you are running out of
> > texture memory.
>
> Yes, that's the bug.
It's 128MB.
With --force-aiglx everything works beautifully EXCEPT the drawing
artifacts when menus are displayed. --force-nvidia removes these
artifacts, but then there are black windows (the memory bug) etc. I just
wonder what the problem is when using --force-aiglx.
--
Gérard Milmeister
Langackerstrasse 49