best way to add fedora directories to yum?

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Fri Jan 5 22:18:30 UTC 2007

Matt Morgan wrote:
> On 1/5/07, Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
>> I managed to panic, click and screw up yum directories.  At this point,
>> I think I need to cleanly uninstall, and reinstall yum.  Has anyone done
>> this on FC5?  What are the steps?
>> Tom
>
> Do you mean you screwed up your repositories, or that you accidentally
> deleted files from some directory? What happens when you run
>
> yum update
>
> as root?
>
> Generally you can find very good advice about yum at fedorafaq.org.

# yum check-update
Setting up repositories
planetcore                                                           [1/4]
planetcore                100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
livna                                                                [2/4]
livna                     100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
planetccrma                                                          [3/4]
planetccrma               100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
planetextras                                                         [4/4]
planetextras              100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00

It no longer has fedora repositories.
Tom