How to display CLI output on another machine

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Jan 8 16:57:26 UTC 2007

On Monday 08 January 2007 09:02, Andy Green wrote:
> Les wrote:
> >> Ok. I'll try this again. I have text on machine B's Konsole, and wish to
> >> view this text from machine A so that I can use some of it as a reply to
> >> a mailing list. If I downloaded email to machine B, as well as machine A
> >> this wouldn't be a problem, but I don't, and all the email arrives on
> >> machine A.
>
> In Konsole here is an Edit | Save History As... menu function, which
> will at least change the problem into shipping a text file around, (if I
> understood your description).
>
> -Andy

Apologies for the slowness of my replies to this thread.

Andy, thanks for the suggestion. Somehow I think this is going to be the
simplest solution.

I used "Save history as" on Konsole on machine B, ssh'd into B from A, and
opened Gedit, retrieved the file, which for some reason displayed on Gedit
with the most enormous font, but highlighting a bit of it, and pasting it
into Kmails composer resulted in the correct font size being displayed in
composer.

Thanks Andy.

I reply done. 10 to go.

Nigel.