How to display CLI output on another machine

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Mon Jan 8 19:27:46 UTC 2007

On Sunday 07 January 2007 22:04, Les Mikesell wrote:
> linuxmaillists at charter.net wrote:
> >> Apologies for my ignorance but I'm not having much
> >> success here.
> >>
> >> X is running on both machines, which are both next to one
> >> another. At the moment I have text on KDE's Konsole on
> >> machine B. I need to be able to see this text on machine
> >> A. I can ssh into machine B from machine A with no
> >> problem. I can then type "konsole", but this just opens
> >> an empty konsole. What I'm looking for is to display
> >> what's on machine B's Konsole on machine A.
> >>
> >> Sorry that I'm not terribly clued up.
> >>
> >> Nigel.
  However, I thought the object of this exercise was to
> mail it somewhere.  With the appropriate setup, machine B should
> be able to mail to the same place as machine A.

Hi Les. the main problem regarding mail, is that I download the mail on
machine A using Kmail. Kmail is setup to remove mail from the ISP's POP3
server.

I use bogofilter as a spamfilter on machine A, and quite honestly to set it up
for all the different distros that I run on machine B would be a nightmare,
so the mail comes in on machine A, therefore replies to mailing lists need to
be sent from machine A.

If I didn't need to deal with spam there would never be a problem, but sadly
that isn't the case.

Thanks for your reply.

Nigel.