FC6 logs me out every 10 minutes

Dan Hensley dan at dshensley.com
Thu Jan 11 16:41:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-11 at 09:34 -0700, Dan Hensley wrote:
> Last month I upgraded my FC4 system to FC6.  Everything went fine and
> has been working smoothly since then, until today.  (Well, Evolution
> doesn't work very well with IMAP, but that's a different subject.)
>
> I have been doing a yum update each morning.  This morning the only
> thing I updated was ginac.
>
> Now about every 10 minutes FC6 logs me out.  It doesn't matter what I
> have running.  I just tried logging in and not starting up anything, and
> I had the same problem.
>
> I am running Gnome.  Earlier, after the 3rd time it happened, I got some
> kind of bonobo activation server error (3 or -3?), and the panel didn't
> open.  So I rebooted and logged in and did nothing else, and I just got
> booted again.
>
> Any idea what's happening???

Ok, as soon as I sent this I suspected the screensaver, and that is
exactly what it is.  When I try to change my screensaver in System |
Preferences, I get logged out as soon as the config panel shows up.  So
my next question is, where are the screensaver preferences stored, and
how can I change them manually?

And of course my next question is, why is the stupid screensaver logging
me out?

Dan