Problems with rpm

Don Levey fedora-list at the-leveys.us
Thu Jan 11 19:39:03 UTC 2007

fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com wrote:
> I'm having problems with rpm. I have not been able to do any type of
> queries on the rpm database. It just hangs. So, I had the bright, or
> maybe not so bright, idea of doing rpm --rebuilddb. Unfortunately,
> it's
> also doing nothing. It's been running for a while, over 2 hours, and
> if
> I look at the process it doesn't appear to be doing anything.
>
> #ps -ewf | grep rpm
> root     27852 21467  0 12:25 pts/4    00:00:00 /usr/lib/rpm/rpmd
> --rebuilddb
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> James

I am getting something similar.  It was suggested to me that I reboot (the
old Microsoft three-fingered salute) to clear whatever stuck process is out
there.  I've not yet gotten home to do so, and was hoping to find out
*which* process it was, but if you're able to reboot and report back that
would probably help.
 -Don