cifs password length?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jan 13 11:30:52 UTC 2007

Greetings;

I'm trying to setup a samba share on my lappy, and have run into a large
problem, large because my root password is 19 chars long.

An attempt to bring up the share gets this error printed on the cli:

password too long

As I can't seem to grep for it, in what file can the allowable samba|cifs
password length be set?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)