[fc5] pam_keyring

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Jan 13 15:24:09 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 08:06 -0500, Todd Zullinger wrote:

> Your pam gdm file is identical to the one I used on FC5 and it worked
> well.  I now have a similar file in FC6 that works also (with pam_ssh
> for my ssh keys too :).
>
> I'm not sure what might be wrong.  Have you tried creating a new user
> and seeing if the problem occurs there also?  That might help narrow
> down where the problem is.

Same thing with a new user.
I'm thinking about installing FC6 if I can get a used but working DVD
drive off of eBay (Thinkpad T20) as mine is dead. I was smart and /home
is separate so I should be able to do a clean install of fc6 and updates
and hopefully that will make things work.

All this is because network manager insists on storing its wifi hex keys
with keyring manager instead of a configuration file like (I think) it
should. wifi keys are networking and networking is system level, not
user level. Oh well.