How NSA access was built into Windows

Lyvim Xaphir knightmerc at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 17 15:30:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 00:01 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 January 2007 10:43, Rick Sewill wrote:
> [...]
> >I apologize if people think this discussion is appropriate on this list.
> >I do not.  No fruitful information is being added to this discussion.
> >This discussion seems to have a life of its own, and does not go away.
>
> I'm sorry too Rick, but you are asking us to do the equ of taking our
> problem on down the hall to the janitors closet.
>
> Normal folks don't normally consider stuff like this in detail,
> particularly of the sort some of the links provided in this thread (thank
> you very much, providers.  Some of those are real eye openers).
>
> However, sweeping it under the rug by folks like us is exactly how we have
> managed to get into this pickle in the first place.  The problems or
> paranoia we have been discussing this past few days really do need
> airing, if for no other reason than to give the more one track minded
> people a clue that there really is a concern, and that this concern
> should be dealt with by the masses (read that as us, and any neighbors
> you can rope into the cause too) in sufficient numbers that we end up
> getting the perps attention.   Isolating it to a list whose sole focus is
> related to this particular subject will not very often tilt the scales of
> justice back toward the center.  There just aren't enough numbers to be
> any great concern to TPTB.  Put it on a major list and we might be able
> to get the apathy you seem to want to represent off of dead center if we
> all push or pull in the same direction.
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I agree.  I have concerns about Selinux simply from the standpoint of
personal privacy and legality.  Nothing more.  I don't see anything
wrong about asking about the functionality and details of Selinux on my
box here within this forum.

There's alot of people that don't know anything about the internals of
selinux and there's a small vanishing minority that actually do know
something, but from whom we don't seem to be hearing.  Then there are
the nincomboobs that want to sweep the whole issue under the rug.

LX