Kopete & video

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 08:57:32 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 21:13, Keith Powell wrote:

> I too am having problems with my Logitech Quickcam Chat. This is how I
> installed it.
>
> 1) Install the kernel-devel package.
>
> 2) Go to http://mxhaard/download.html and download the 20070110.tar.gz
> tarball.
>
> 3 Untar it.
>
> 4) As root, in a terminal, cd to its untarred folder.
>
> 5) Type   make  (./configure isn't needed)
>
> 6) Type   make install
>
> 7) Type   modprobe gspca
>
> 8) Type   modprobe snd_usb_audio
>
> 9) Reboot
>
> Others may tell you a better way, but this way has been successful
> with me and it is very quick to do.

Although I use the atrpms version of the gspca driver, I've had the same
experience.

> This has installed the webcam, and it works well in aMSN. However,
> although it works in kopete, I can't get kopete to actually send or
> receive a picture!

It works for me in aMSN, though not perfectly.  Colour is a big problem, and
the picture is slow and jerky.  I think that's a driver problem.

In kopete, the config screen sees the video, but like you, I can't get it to
either send or receive video.

Anne