sylpheed vs sylpheed-claws

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Jan 18 15:05:30 UTC 2007

Hello lostson,

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 21:41:32 -0600 lostson <lostson at lostsonsvault.org> wrote:

>  What is the difference between sylpheed and sylpheed-claws ? I have
> used claws before and it is extremely fast, so I am curious, thanks.

Claws-Mail (formerly named Sylpheed-Claws) was started as a parallel branch
of Sylpheed, including more features, modified dialogues to enhance
usability, always with stability in mind.

For a while now, the source code of Claws-Mail and Sylpheed are
not sync'ed anymore and the development efforts of both products are
independent and following different ways: they are different products.

http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/General_Information#What_is_Claws_Mail.3F
http://www.claws-mail.org/features.php
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/features.html

Regards,