vmware

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Sun Jan 21 16:07:43 UTC 2007

On 01/21/2007 04:47 PM, toracat wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 20:18:00 -0800, Kam Leo wrote:
>
>> On 1/19/07, Avi Schwartz <fedora3509 at cfftechnologies.com> wrote:
>>> Les Mikesell wrote:
>>>
>>> It compiles (and runs) fine on my FC 6, no patches needed.
>>>

>> For me, Vmware Workstation 5.5.3 worked with the 2.6.18 kernel, but fails
>> to compile vmnet with the 2.6.19 kernel. The
>> patch is of no help.
>>
>>> Avi
>
> Are you sure that vmware-any-any-update105 did not take care of the
> problem (the CHECKSUM_HW issue introduced in 2.6.19)?  What error do you
> see?  Also update106 is out now.  Have you tried that one?
>
> Akemi

My solution for the 2.6.19 kernel is as follows.

Extract the file /usr/lib/vmware/modules/source/vmnet.tar
Edit the files vmnet-only/bridge.c and vmnet-only/userif.c and replace
all occurrences of CHECKSUM_HW with CHECKSUM_COMPLETE
Tar up the directory vmnet-only to vmnet.tar and replace the original
with the patched version.

I'm not totally sure that CHECKSUM_COMPLETE is the correct replacement,
but it seems to work for me.

This of course in addition to the removal of the #include <config.h> in
procfs.c.

--
Sjoerd Mullender