Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sun Jan 21 18:34:48 UTC 2007

On Sunday 21 January 2007 16:14, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Sat January 20 2007 1:44 pm, Arch Willingham wrote:
> > To get Fox News video to work:
> >
> > Install the firefox add-on greasemonkey:
> > http://greasemonkey.mozdev.org/
> >
> > and then install the FoxNews Friendly Video script from the greasemonkey
> > site: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/1371, and it now works for me.
>
> Just tried this, and indeed, it works. Watched Colbert vs O'Reilly just now
> - good morning laugh!
> --
> Claude Jones
> Brunswick, MD, USA

I too can confirm this works. I'm only on dialup, and using
Flash-plugin-7.0.68-1, but installing the greasemonkey add-on, along with the
script, I can get 3 or 4 secs of sound and video at a time (buffering
problem). It's a bit out of sync, but probably to be expected trying this on
dialup. Prior to installing greasemonkey, and the script, I only got sound,
and that wasn't continuous, no doubt the dialup bandwidth problem again.

Nigel.