Harddisk clicks -> System freezes/reboots

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jan 22 05:17:41 UTC 2007

On Sun January 21 2007, Tim wrote:
> I rearranged things in an unreliable Windows machine so that a fan blew
> across a drive

I do that to every desktop I build - I build up most of our company machines
myself. My video editing workstation has 7 fans in it, and the drives are
cool to the touch. I have two stacked RAID's and three other desktops in the
same room, plus two laptops, so I also have a fan on the floor blowing air
away from behind the mid-towers - hell, I have had our heating and AC guy
come in and install a return in the ceiling to suck out the hot air lingering
at ceiling level. This may sound extreme, but I've had a lot of heat
problems, and solved many by the use of the above methods.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA