Enabling wireless on Dell laptop

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 12:17:55 UTC 2007

On 22/01/07, Mark Knoop <mpknoop at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 22/01/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've got a new Dell 6400/E1505 with the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945
> > 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) wireless card. I downloaded the drivers
> > from Intel's site, but I have no idea how to install them. I unpacked
> > the tar, and in it are 3 more tars. I've read all the README's and
> > INSTALLs and there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information.
> > Furthermore, the INSTALL files tell you to install certain files, but
> > not where or even how. Please, has anybody and experience with this?
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Freshrpms have rpms for this driver
> http://zod.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=903 which is probably the easiest
> way to install. It seems that livna are also working on packaging it.
>
> You could also get the 1.2.0 version from
> http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/ which appears to have a simpler build
> process.
>
> --
> Mark Knoop

Thanks, I see it now in Livna's wishlist. The FreshRPMs solution is
merely a link to the sourceforge solution. The situation looks bad-
I'd have to install a mirad of other things to get it working. I'll
email the good folks at livnaand ask if they need a beta tester.

Thanks, Mark.

Dotan Cohen

http://song-lirics.com
http://lahes.com