Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 22 15:55:24 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-21 at 16:31 -0800, David Boles wrote:

> Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > On 22/01/07, David Boles <dgboles at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Before you do that you should know that both Fox and CNN videos are
> >> made for
> >> Windows Media Player display. I seriously doubt they they will be able
> >> to do
> >> anything to help you.
> >>

> > That's exactly the reason that I write to them. If they are made for
> > Windows Media, then they are repelling Linux and Mac customers. They
> > just might not realize that. Or, they might think that there are not
> > enough Linux users to cater to them. Let them know that they are
> > wrong.
>
> I would think that if you look hard enough you could find a native Linux
> player and win32 codecs to do this with out writing CNN of FOX.
>
> If I was you I might start looking for a solution to my problem here:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html
It is already known that by knowing the trick you can do it bu7t why do
we have to search for a trick . Why can't the capability just come with
Fedora with a standard mplayer? It is it a secret that people want to
access these sites. That should be a part of testing.
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net>