Fedora 7: The Linux Knight in Shining Armor?

Tom Horsley tomhorsley at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 23 02:56:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 15:55:21 -0600
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> So what happens after you've learned something and are ready to do
> some real work with your system - and then next time that cruft is
> something worth saving?

Personally, I have a checklist file where I write down all the stuff
about what I've installed (that I know I want to keep anyway) and how
I've tweaked configurations. When a new release comes along I follow
the checklist and dig up config files I've changed from my backup
copies (modifying things as appropriate for any changes in the way
things work).

I also usually install in a new partition so I can multi-boot the
old and new for a while in case something goes drastically wrong
with the new.