networking q?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jan 23 05:39:17 UTC 2007

Greetings;

When watching the messages log, I see DHCPDISCOVER requests sent to
255.255.255.255 on a network restart, and they fail after SoftMac says
its Associated, I assume with the wap11 access point sitting about 20"
away since the MAC addresses of the wap11 are correctly displayed in the
messages log.  Is this DHCPDISCOVER doing it correctly?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)