Installing a second version of mySQL

Nicholas W 4407 at log1.net
Tue Jan 23 06:02:37 UTC 2007

Dear All,
 I have an FC4 server which is managed with Plesk 8.1. Its current using
mySQL 4, and Plesk has all its settings and things in there. Reading
around it seems the best thing to do to et mySQL 5 is to install a
second instance and leave the first one alone. How would I go about
doing this (I understand I need to download install the RPMs, thats no
problem. The question is how do I make sure they don't interfere with
each other, and that they both start at boot time etc, and deal with any
other Gotchas)

Thanks in advance for your help.