Fedora 7: The Linux Knight in Shining Armor?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 16:46:59 UTC 2007

On 22/01/07, William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
> > I second or third this suggestion. It is tiring every 6 months to have
> > to start from scratch so to speak.
>
> On the other hand  -- there are people like me who like to play around
> with Fedora; adding new programs that hardly get used; trying out
> different configurations; experimenting and learning.  Doing a new
> version install lets me get rid of all the cruff and start over every so
> often.

I agree. New linux users will install and never use many programs. A
clean sheet every 6 months will prevent the entrophy from forming on
those systems. Also, the more they reinstall, the faster the newbies
learn.

Experienced linux users might not need to reinstall so often (less
crud on the system and less need to pracitce), but they should be less
bothered by a reinstallation. At a minimum, it will force them to
backup once every 6 months :)

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com