Nautilus not working propelvy with images

Andrea Mastellone andrea.mastellone at fastwebnet.it
Wed Jan 24 09:51:55 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

what is wrong that Nautilus can not handle correctly images, especially
in the png format ?

I have a FC6, regulary updated.

A little example will explain my situation: if you, in a Nautilus
window, go to "Backgrounds and emblems" from Edit Menu, in the section
"Patterns" you will see a list of png thumbnails of the patterns. My
Nautilus doet not show anything :( (if I launch it as root, it works
again, however !).

I have reinstalled gnome, nautilus, ImageMagick, and libpng without any
result :(

What is the library that handles this situations ? Perhaps it works only
as root...

Thanks you in advance,

Andrea

--
"Homo sum, nihil humani alienum a me puto." (Terenzio).
"Il vero io è quello che tu sei, non quello che hanno fatto di te." (P.