Getting people to say nice things about Microsoft (Linspire repo)

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jan 25 13:28:56 UTC 2007

On Thu January 25 2007, Claude Jones wrote:
> they have a weird
> way of databasing the thing and when you open Yumex or Smart

Just re-read this and realized/remembered Freespire doesn't use yum - the only
package manager it came with was the CNR one, which they tried to get you to
sign up for, and pay money for, the first time you use it - that was last
year. I used apt-get to download Synaptic package manager, and that worked
fine as long as you knew about it. It came up configured with the huge repo
list and that's what I was watching check the 160+ repo lists each time I ran
it.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA