Cron message? <OT as hell>

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 10:04:14 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 18:45 +0000, Steve Searle wrote:
> Around 05:56pm on Friday, January 26, 2007 (UK time), Knute Johnson scrawled:
>
> > I just started getting the message below every morning from cron.
> > Anybody know what it is or where I should go looking?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > /etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
> >
> > error: sa-update:3 unknown option 'notifyempty' -- ignoring line
>
> Edit /etc/logrotate.d/sa-update and change notifyempty to notifempyt
> (remove the y).

Like Knute, I had my anti-peril glasses on the other day. Thankfully
they prevented my brain from seeing this the first time. This time I
noticed that I couldn't see, removed the glasses and quickly pulled
panty-hose down over my face.

Thus, I could dimly and safely read this without the sudden brain
seizure I would have experienced when finding out the word 'empty' no
longer has a 'y' after the 't', now it's before it. That would have come
at me too quickly and the effect probably permanent. If this is some new
spelling rule that in my dotage I missed out on, my name would be
changed also from "Rickey" to "Rickye". I guess I'll have to go to the
bank Monday and have my checks reprinted.

The real question that bears asking, and I would really like to know
this one, did the person who wrote this misspell 'empty', compile and
distribute it, which now requires that we misspell as well, in order for
it to run at all?? Or was this by some sort of intelligent design?
<blinks in bewilderment> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net