fedora-list Digest, Vol 35, Issue 274

Scott Evans sae at crossbucks.com
Sun Jan 28 19:38:31 UTC 2007

I'm not sure I'd say I'm as "devoted" to it, as dependent on it being
present to send data out for a legacy email reminder system that's
triggered via a cron job each day.  I could probably rewrite everything to
use crons, or probably cobble together some perl scripts to parse the
calendar data file manually, but was hoping to find out why a standard unix
command has been dropped.

I did find (via a google search of rpm and calendar-8.4-3) an older version
(from 1997) in a path similar to
mirrors/ftp.redhat.com/contrib/libc5/i386/.  However when I try to install
it via rpm I get the following:

root# rpm -Uvh calendar-8.4-3.i386.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
         libc.so.5 is needed by calendar-8.4-3.i386

Any ideas, as from my googling about this error, it looks like it's just a
very old package (libc.so.5) that's not supported any more?

Scott