DVD choppy

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 08:13:13 UTC 2007

On 31/01/07, dexter <ddmbox2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> My thoughts, Kaffine & Kplayer bork but vlc works this to me would indicate a
> player problem & not hardware

I would think so too, but vlc may be able to cope with misconfigured
hardware better than some other programs. Actually, that's been
mention on a forum (windows forum, however, not linux forum)

> as your box has plenty o' "beef" but saying
> that and taking alan's jaded memory into account :-) this line reg02:
> from /proc/mtrr don't look right to me the size=16MB should be 256MB
> representing physical video ram. ???

In the BIOS it says I've only got 128MB RAM. Maybe Dell shipped the wrong parts?

> Hey dotan you always have the best
> problems and this one's got me also, but on the bright-side vlc is a quality
> player, Sorry no solution.

Yeah, I also feel that I sometimes give this list a run for it's
money. But I actually enjoy learning from the brains here, and I hope
to get to the point where I'm contributing as well.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/webpage.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/656/forty_foot_echo.html