httpd driving me crazy.-SOLVED

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 31 23:28:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 16:17 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>
> > Anyone have any further ideas?
>
> There was a guy last night suggesting there were two Listen: 80 lines in
> a httpd config file, that sounded like a much simpler explanation that
> would match the symptoms just as well.

> -Andy

Well that was not exactly right but it led to the right answer which was
that in /etc/httpd/conf.d there was a file called:
system-config-httpd.conf
Which was sourced when the httpd server started. And that file has a
Listen statement. Where that came from I don't know.
My guess it was created when system-config-httpd was run.

But anyway the server now runs and I learned something. Thanks to
whoever made the suggestion.
Under deadline pressure for the next week. If you want something, it can
wait. Unless it's blind screaming paroxysmally hedonistic...
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net