CNN video

Christopher A. Williams fedoralists at cawllc.com
Sun Jul 1 12:06:11 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 06:40 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 01:49:51 -0600
> Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> > Since today's new design of CNN, I can't watch the videos any more.  I get a
> > black square where the video is supposed to be.
>
> Well, they are clearly using flash, since I only get the play/pause
> button when I run 32 bit firefox with flash enabled, but even with
> those buttons, I never get any actual videa.
>
> You could send them feedback saying they ought to run a story
> about how time warner has become a puppet of microsoft :-).

Fox News has the same problem with Flash Player. It turned out it was
something to do with the way they are running advertising. In that case,
using the Greasemonkey script that kills the ads (Foxnews Friendly Ads)
gets things working again. That doesn't appear to be the case with CNN
though - but I'd bet it's something similar.

I'm using the latest beta of Flash Player 9.

Cheers,

Chris

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

--Yogi Berra