is it safe to use non-fedora specific kernel on fedora?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 2 08:55:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2 Jul 2007, Pawel wrote:

> Hallo Group Members.
>
> I am going to test "the generic" kernel+the latest patch, not the
> one provided in rpm with fedora.

what do you mean by "+the latest patch"?

> I have the following questions related to that: SHould I expect any
> problems when using this kernel on fedora? Does fedora add some
> features to fedora specific kernel contained in rpm package?

i regularly run a kernel on my fedora systems that's built straight
from the absolutely latest "git pull" of the kernel repository.  it
doesn't get any more bleeding edge than that.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA

http://fsdev.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page