More FC6 update woes.

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:22:02 UTC 2007

This problem is easily fixed.  Ive done it lots.

when it says there is a conflict, use rpm to manually remove the
package that is causing trouble.  Use the --nodpes flag so that the
rpm system does not fight you.

rpm -e whatever-package-name --nodeps

That clears out the problem.  Then you can run yum again and get the new one.

I did an rpm upgrade of FC6 and I probably had to manually hit 20 rpms that way.

It will work, just don't rely