mc

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Wed Jul 4 07:13:52 UTC 2007

Justin Zygmont wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>> It's irrelevant to the primary target group of the current install
>> images. As long as it is still included in the online "Everything"
>> repository, it has not been "removed".
>
> if its not in the ISO, its been removed.  Soon it may be removed
> completely.

No, that's not correct Justin.  The ISO[1] is a subset of the packages
available in Fedora.  The Gnome desktop isn't included in the KDE
Spin, yet that doesn't mean it's soon to be removed.  Similarly for
KDE in the Fedora Spin.

I have no idea whether someone will continue to maintain mc or not,
but that is an entirely sepearate matter from whether or not it's
included on any of the disc images that Fedora releases.

[1] I assume you refer to the Fedora Spin, which is one of several
created from the larger Fedora Collection.

Life is like a sewer. What you get out of it depends on what  you put
into it.
    -- Tom Lehrer, quoting Henry