Suspend / Resume on a Dell D420 doesnt work

Patrick Steiner patrick.steiner at a1.net
Wed Jul 4 09:05:44 UTC 2007

Hi,

i have played around now for hours with suspend resume on my Dell D420

I have also tried s2ram from opensuse which works fine with FC6.

But now with F7 i can get suspend/resume working anymore.

i have already looked at http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk <http://people.freedesktop.org/%7Ehughsient/quirk>

enabling pm_trace outputs:

cat dmesg.txt | grep "hash matches"
  hash matches drivers/base/power/resume.c:70

what does this mean.
iwl3945 mac80211 are already in unload_modules.

i have removed
<merge key="power_management.quirk.vbestate_restore" type="bool">true</merge>
from the fdi file because i use the intel video driver.

now it look like this

<match key="system.hardware.product" contains="D420">
<merge key="power_management.quirk.vbe_post" type="bool">true</merge>
</match>

i have restarted the hal service but lshal | grep quirk
always outputs:
 lshal | grep quirk
  power_management.quirk.vbe_post = true  (bool)
  power_management.quirk.vbestate_restore = true  (bool)

also after a system reboot. any ideas?

has anyone a d420 with f7 and a working suspend/resume setup?

regards,
 patrick