MailBox transfer problem on other server

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Wed Jul 4 13:52:25 UTC 2007

yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> hi i have a mail server in send mail
>
> i create a new mail server in postfix.now i want all the user(150) mail
> box with all message (inbox,trash,sent,draft,other folder) move to the new
> postfix mail server .so is there any way that i can tranfer all mail from
> one send mail serbver to postfix server

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You are using Sendmail.
You want to change to Postfix. The only messages that should be
affected by the change are messages in the outgoing mail queue. The
user's mailbox's should not be affected. Both Sendmail and Postfix
turn delivery of local main over to a local mail delivery program,
(local_transport) and end up in /var/spool/mail/<mailbox> with the
default settings.

One thing to be careful about is to shutdown Sendmail and make sure
the outgoing mail queue is empty before replacing it with Postfix.
(Run mailq - you should get "Mail queue is empty".)

Mikkel