SD card reader in Fedora?

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Jul 5 13:48:32 UTC 2007

Mark Haney wrote:
> I'm trying to get my SD card reader on my laptop working, it's a TI
> based reader and from the documentation I've seen online, it's either
> unstable or not usable in linux.  Is this the case?  Or has someone
> managed to get it working?

I have had it working with some kernel versions, but it doesn't work
with others. You may want to look at:
 http://openfacts.berlios.de/index-en.phtml?title=TI_FlashMedia_xx12/xx21_driver

At one time, I had it working with the standard SD modules after
running a script to that wrote to specific registers on the chip to
put it in the proper mode. It is not working with the 2.6.20-1.2952
kernel... I don't use it often enough that I keep tract of when it
is working...

Mikkel