OT - Re: Microsoft closes another deal, is redhat next?

Andrew Kelly akelly at corisweb.org
Fri Jul 6 08:02:46 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-06 at 07:51 +0000, Thufir wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 17:15:58 +0200, Per Qvindesland wrote:
>
> > The really sad pants part of this is that a lot people believe that you
> > can download/buy mslinux also  I was for a while flooded with requests
> > about this site from clients wondering if I could bring over a copy and
> > how much the license was, it was hard keeping a straight face in front
> > of the client while i was trying to tell them that the site is a just a
> > joke
>
> I demand details.  You're kidding, right?

Hey, how far-fetched is it, really?

Apple now sports a *nix kernel running in an Intel processor. Novel and
SuSE have merged. Emulators have Linux running in Windows and Windows
running in Linux. It's basically dogs and cats sleeping together (well,
you know..).

>From the perspective of Average Joe, who already believes that Iraq was
involved in 9/11, how wild an idea is it to believe that MS has yet
again stolen and/or adopted superior technology to advance their own
cause?

It's not rocket science out there. But we're *Certainly* not dealing
with rocket scientists to begin with.

For what it's worth, if it really did happen, I'd go back to pencil and
paper, and learn to use an abacus.

Andy