cdrecord doesn't like me anymore

Ed Landaveri ed7tux at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 6 15:20:28 UTC 2007

Michael, It's not cdrecord don't like you anymore, It
happened to me also. Anyway this is what I did and it
worked:

[root at myhost ~]# cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA
Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (cpu-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2004 J�rg Schilling
Note: This version is an unofficial (modified) version
with DVD support
Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not present
in the original.
Note: Please send bug reports or support requests to
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
Note: The author of cdrecord should not be bothered
with problems in this version.
scsidev: 'ATA'
devname: 'ATA'
scsibus: -2 target: -2 lun: -2
Linux sg driver version: 3.5.27
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
cdrecord: Warning: using inofficial libscg transport
code version (schily - Red Hat-scsi-linux-sg.c-1.83-RH
'@(#)scsi-linux-sg.c        1.83 04/05/20 Copyright
1997 J. Schilling').
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'HL-DT-ST' 'DVD-ROM GDR8163B'
'0D20' Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) 'PHILIPS ' 'DVD+-RW DVD8631 '
'CD21' Removable CD-ROM
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
#It works fine now! Ed
#To burn a cd iso:
[root at myhost ~] # cdrecord -v -eject dev=ATAPI:0,1,0
pictures.iso
---bla,bla,bla---
[root at myhost ~] # echo $?
0

You also can reboot and append the   hdb=ide-scsi
parameter to the kernel. Then you wouldn't need
dev=ATA on cdrecord -scanbus

Regards

--- Thomas TS <ttsoares at cristhom.com.br> wrote:

> Michael Hennebry wrote:
> > I can't even get cdrecord -scanbus to work:
> > [root at localhost sata]# cdrecord -scanbus
> > Cdrecord-Clone 2.01 (cpu-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright
> (C) 1995-2004 J�g
> > Schilling
> > Note: This version is an unofficial (modified)
> version with DVD support
> > Note: and therefore may have bugs that are not
> present in the original.
> > Note: Please send bug reports or support requests
> > http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla
> > Note: The author of cdrecord should not be
> bothered with problems in this
> > version.
> > cdrecord: Invalid or incomplete multibyte or wide
> character. Cannot open
> > SCSI driver.
> > cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord
> -scanbus'.
> > cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try
> 'cdrecord dev=help'.
> >

> cdrecord -scanbus -dev=ATAPI
>
> --

Linux user number 433512