Here are some of my ideas for Fedora 8 and Fedora 9

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 16:10:51 UTC 2007

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>>> (1) I don't think this is really relevant,
>> That's because you don't understand it.
>
> What is "it"?
> The discussion was about packages of doubtful legality.
> nVidia's own Linux drivers are perfect legal.
> Get it?

Exactly.  If you found the right repository, you could get it.  Both in
the same place - with yum commands.

>>> (2) I would have thought even a very new user
>>> would try googling for "nvidia linux" or even "nvidia fedora",
>>> and quickly learn all there was to know on the subject.
>> Apparently you didn't do it very well.
>
> I don't have an nVidia card, so I didn't have to "do it",
> whatever "it" is.
> Are you saying I didn't run "google" very well?

Or you didn't look around after google supplied the answer.

>> I bought a Mac so I wouldn't have to deal with the problem or put up
>> with silly taunts about how bad proprietary drivers are...
>
> Bizarre.

It takes many hours less grooming than any fedora (or windows) box I've
set up and has all the same unix goodness under the GUI.  And firewire
works all the time...

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com