yum / rpm dependency broken in F7 ?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Jul 8 00:28:42 UTC 2007

On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 00:09:42 +0000 (UTC)
Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> You can't update the 64-bit version of a multilib package without also updating
> the 32-bit one.

My reaction to this depends on how I feel. Sometimes I just wait a day
for both the 32 and 64 bit packages to sync up in the repos. Other times
I do rpm -e <whatever>.i386 to get rid of the utterly useless 32 bit
version of <whatever>, after which, I can update the 64 bit version.

I sure wish all the messages printed the .i386 or the .x86_64 on the
end of the rpm package name so it was more obvious what was happening :-).