Mount Drive Continued

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 8 11:42:04 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 20:36 -0700, Matthew Hoggan wrote:
> In the consol when I type mount the drive /dev/sda3 which shows up in
> fdisk /dev/sda print table does not show up when I type mount and df

So...?

You're making it damn near impossible to carry on a conversation when
you start new threads instead of replying to the prior one.  Even more
so when it quotes nothing from the prior one.

I received somewhere around 200 messages today, likewise yesterday.  I,
nor others, do not remember everything that was in yesterday's mail.
Nor will we feel like reading through every one of them trying to piece
your disassociated message into where it belongs.  It's far easier to
just hit delete.  I'm writing this, rather than hitting delete, for
*YOUR* benefit, and a few others who do the same thing on this list.

If you want to use a mailing list, you'll have to learn how to fit in
with how they're run:

      * Reply to a message by "replying" to it.  Use the function
        actually called "reply" in your mail client.
      * Quote enough of the prior message for yours to make sense
        without anybody having to go and find your prior message.  Do
        *NOT* quote the entire thing unnecessarily.
      * Write responses to specific parts of a message *directly* under
        where the bit you're responding to is.  So the whole thing reads
        like a coherent conversation, in itself.  (Called interspersed
        quoting.)

You should be able to see how this is done by looking at most of the
other messages on the list.  If you ignore the advice, you'll get
ignored by other list participents.  Possibly by the ones with the
answer to your queries.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.