Laptop WiFi so far

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 15:14:22 UTC 2007

On 09/07/07, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

>     I have been reading and learning from this list. And I now have 4
> Hardware devices defined so a normal user can get WiFi working with
> little help. Here is what I have:

This would undoubtedly be useful.  You may be interested in
http://linux-wless.passys.nl/
A more Fedora relevant list might try to give information on
where the drivers could be found as preconfigured packages
(for example if you get a driver as a package from Freshrpms
or Livna it will usually make the necessary changes to
modprobe.conf and the rest)

>   Hardware              Software        modprobe
>

>   IntelPro 3945          IEEE80211      ipw3945
IntelPro 3945          IEEE80211      ipw3945      Freshrpms dkms-ipw3945 et al.
or
IntelPro 3945          MAC80211      iwl3945       Fedora 7 needs
iwlwifi-firmware

--
imalone