ViewSonic monitor problem

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Mon Jul 9 16:23:52 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 08:14 -0700, Gerhard Magnus wrote:
SNIP!
> When I comment out the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines in xorg.conf
> (either the old one or the one modified as above) I end up with 800 X
> 600 resolution.  gnome-display-properties gives that and 640 X 480 as
> the only options while /usr/bin/system-config-display bombs off.
>
> I'll try the livecd and Xorg configure approaches next....

Once you had it up in 640x480, did you get X to run?  If so, did you try
using the System>Administration>display to see if it would change
settings under the hardware tab for the video card and monitor type,
then back to the Settings tab to choose the resolution?  This is the
exact sequency I had to run to get mine working after an upgrade once.

Regards,
Les H

Regards,
Les H