Mounting problem: SATA disk under FC6

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jul 10 15:12:34 UTC 2007

tokyoi at mac.com wrote:

> [root at tokyoii ~]# lsmod | grep sata_sil
> sata_sil               15817  0
> libata                104789  1 sata_sil
>
> So, no change there.
>
>> If so, then you probably will need to make a new initrd for your
>> kernel and
>> place it in /boot.  Check the mkinitrd command for details.
>
> I'll have a look at that as my next step.

Yes, I think that is a good idea.  I believe that if no partitions are
mounted you should see something along the lines of:

sata_sil               15305  4294967295

I get the feeling a boot time the system is not detecting any drives
attached to the controller since the driver is not being loaded.  I would
use the --with=sata_sil parameter in creating the new initrd file.

FYI, the generated initrd file is just a gzipped cpio file.  So, you can
easily list the contents by using:

zcat initrd_name | cpio -it

Ed