MP3 player fails to mount.

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Tue Jul 10 15:48:55 UTC 2007

On 07/10/07 08:30:02, Mark Haney wrote:
> Okay, I'm still banging my head against this problem with my
> daughters
> MP3 player.  In syslog I get this:
[snip]

What should happen (assuming you're running Gnome) is that HAL should
recognize the player and pop up a little MP3 player icon and create a
directory  /media/Sansa_m240 or some such. One thing that can get in
the way of this is an entry in /etc/fstab that references /dev/sdc (in
your case). Another thing you might check (or add) is a stanza in /usr/
share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop for the device.