one small mailman problem left to resolve

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Tue Jul 10 17:38:52 UTC 2007

Scott Berry wrote:
> I have one problem continuing to baffle me when it comes to Mailman.
> The problem seems to be I subscribed to one of my lists but did not
> recieve a confirmation message back asking me to subscribe and I
> told Mailman to auto confirm the messages.  So it must not be going
> through the mta or something here.  Any ideas?

Is the mailman service running?  (service mailman status)
Is the postfix service running?  (service postfix status)

Mailman will log its part in /var/log/mailman/, postfix will log to
/var/log/maillog.  Look at those and see if the message left mailman
and was picked up by postfix and delivered.

Philosophy:  A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.
    -- Ambrose Bierce