How Do I Switch to KDE from Gnome with Fedora 7?

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 23:04:18 UTC 2007

When I installed F7 I did so from DVD and the Gnome desktop was
loaded.  That was fine with me since I have always like the look
better.  However, xemacs is not working properly due to something not
working between it and metacity, and reports are that the KDE desktop
doesn't have the same problem.  So when I looked for the login
switcher I'm used to, no KDE!

Now I've found that I could have installed the KDE desktop through the
Live CD, but how do I install it now?

I've tried

  yum list "*desktop*"

and others but find nothing there.

Is there a way to switch without going though another install?

Thanks.

-Tom

Tom Browder
Niceville, Florida