Cut-and-paste in Gnome Terminal

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Thu Jul 12 11:19:10 UTC 2007

Rick Stevens wrote:
> I'm sure this has been asked, but I missed it.  What the devil happened
> to the ability to cut-and-paste using the middle mouse button in
> gnome-terminal?  It selects text with the left button ok, but if it
> pastes at all, it pastes stuff from other applications--NOT what's
> selected.
>
> Worked great in previous Fedoras.  What happened?

> - Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
> -       "I'd explain it to you, but your brain might explode."       -

00:01.0 PCI bridge: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8633 [Apollo Pro266 AGP]
00:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)

The above is from the Gnome Terminal and carried over to this email. I
selected with the left switch and then had to press both switches
(middle) to write it here in the message.

I think it's working here on F7 and wonder why not on yours.

Karl