No updates

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Fri Jul 13 13:25:42 UTC 2007

Ingemar Nilsson wrote:
> Andrea Mastellone <andrea.mastellone at fastwebnet.it> writes:
>
>> Try
>>
>> yum clean all
>>
>> and then restart yum (perhaps this forces yum to change repository)
>
> Whatever it did fixed the problem. Now I have 106 updates totalling 222 MiB
> waiting.
>
> Thanks a lot!
Nice to see that fixed it; it probably means it was one of:
yum clean metadata
yum clean dbcache
that would have fixed it.

Inserting an -d 15 to add some debug to yum's output is usually quite
informative:
yum -d 15 update

{I mention this because I prefer to so finite specific resolutions to
issues (if necessary submitted to bugzilla and patched in sources),
rather than using the sledge hammer approach and not learning anything
about what was going wrong.}

DaveT.